The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Meet the New Semester, Same as the Old Semester

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Both of my law classes are in computer labs. WTF? How am I supposed to lecture when I have students surfing the web?

Hardly any of my students have books. Good thing I do not lecture on the first day. Maybe I should start teaching like I remember in law school. There were assignments posted prior to the first day of class. If you were not prepared, you were torn a new corn hole!

Awesome office mate and I are getting roommates. Like we have any room for that. Office mate was kind enough to take pity on my pathetic self and allowed me to move in. We get along great and don't get in each other's way. We're cool like that.

One of the new roomies stopped by and bitched and moaned about not having a key or that the printer was not hooked up. She asked me about my printer, to which I responded that the laptop and computer on my desk were my personal property and I was not comfortable in sharing. She also asked if she could use my desk if the new area was in use. Once again, I am not comfortable with that.

So much for privacy and quiet.

Not a good start.

2 comments:

M said...

Dude, you're going to have patrol that lab and bust the ass of the first person you catch surfing. Is there anybody else in there who can help to make sure everybody's on task?

Taco night sounds good. I'm doing that - I spent all my extra money on extra shit I shouldn't have so I'll cook all week - thing.

Seeking Solace said...

M: Sadly, I don't have anyone to patrol the area. I did put in a request for a room change, so we shall see.

I love taco night. The place were get them has two tacos for two bucks. Great deal!

Subscribe