The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

If This Doesn't Get Me a Foot in the Door...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I just completed one kick-ass cover letter for a position at Dream University in Dreamville. It is not a law teaching position. It's very similar to my work in the General Studies program. I have significant teaching experience in that area, so I thought I would give it a shot.

I am quite proud of it actually. I think it details my teaching background well. There is also some administrative duties, so the fact that I ran my own law practice and have managed people at another law firm should give that additional "Wow" factor

Here's hoping it will get my foot in the door. I am getting sick of rejection letters. If this doesn't work, I may consider starting an Alpaca farm!

10 comments:

Albatross said...

Best of luck with Dream U!

You should totally start an Alpaca farm no matter what the outcome of Dream U position is. It is my favorite fiber to knit with and they are just too cute!

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Let me know if you decide to go with the alpaca farm. I might need a job. :)

Good luck with the job! I'm writing a cover letter today too. I hate that part!

Psych Post Doc said...

Good luck! Sounds like you've put a lot into this letter.

AliceAcademic said...

Best wishes on your application. It sounds like the perfect job for you!

RageyOne said...

good for you and all the best in your quest!

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone. I am really excited about this!

Prisca said...

How do you think the Alpacas would do in LEC? Is that the right climate for them? I just can't see you in those gorgeous shoes out in a field of Alpaca crap so I'm guessing you'll just HAVE to get your dream job. ;) I'm rooting for you!

Seeking Solace said...

Prisca: There are a couple of Alpaca farms in LEC. They do quite well. Their coats would keep them nice and warm.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the alpaca farm! :-)
I already have their names picked out!

Anonymous said...

ooh, best of luck!!!

Subscribe