The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Got a New Drug

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my RA doc. She is concerned about the number of flares I've had this year. (She is also pissed about what is going on with my job.) So, she thinks it's time to change my medication and go up the food chain to the next RA drug.

This weekend, I will be starting Methotrexate. I guess it can be a little nasty with the nausea and vomiting. What a great way to end my summer and my last weekend of freedom.

Oh and get this. One of the warnings is about alcohol consumption. Because methotrexate can cause liver damage, I have to stop drinking alcohol or limit my alcohol consumption to two drinks per month!

Husband says that he will gladly pick up the deficiency in my alcohol intake. But, I don't want him to become a total lush. So, who is will to take up the cause and drink for me?

8 comments:

Karen said...

I will! I will absolutely take up your cause and prevent hubs from becoming a lush! Pass the tequila, gin, rum and jack this way!!!

RageyOne said...

how crappy!

i'll send up a toast to ya! margarita it is!

rented life said...

I'd hate to see him have to do this alone, and given the amount of stress I have, I will gladly take up the cause.

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I'll help too! Sorry about the new meds... let's hope they help so it's all worthwhile!

Anonymous said...

You can count on me! Although I'm sorry that your new meds sound so... icky. I hope you feel OK and they help with the RA. Take care.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone. Now have a drink on me!

Albatross said...

I've got the corner on microbrews covered for ya!

Good luck with the transition. Hoping it goes easily and they work well!

Psych Post Doc said...

No problem on picking up some additional drinking. :)

I hope these meds work well for you and decrease your flare ups. I also hope the side effects are minimal for you.

Subscribe