The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Get Out of This House

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am taking a beer break from cleaning out some junk and getting it ready to be picked up for donation. There is a ton of stuff that Husband and I would like to see go. It will make it easier for when we do decide to move sometime next year. It's kinda ironic because the two guys across the street are having a yard sale. It seems to be going well.

I am not a fan of yard sales. I don't like the idea of people nickle and dimming me for my junk. Charging .25 cents for a book is not outrageous. I also don't like the idea of giving up a whole weekend waiting for someone to buy my stuff.

Oh, and one other thing. The state that I live in requires that one pay sales tax to the state for process from a yard sale. Greedy SOB's. Just another reason why I want to leave my state!

On Monday, I will call the charities that Husband and I prefer to donate, like the City Mission and Amvets. We enjoy the tax credit and out stuff will benefit someone who truly needs it.

0 comments:

Subscribe