The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Summertime Blues

Posted by Seeking Solace |

And it's not just me. Seems many of you are feeling the same way. On top of that, it's freakin' HOT. I mean seriously. It's almost 76 degrees and it's only 9:30!

The Boy enjoyed his pool yesterday, but we suspended play because of the heat and mugginess. He has parked himself in front of the vent so he can feel the cool air from the AC. Honestly, it's just too damn hot and humid to enjoy the outdoors right now.

I started thinking that we will probably move south in the next year or so. If I can't handle the heat in Lake Effect Snow Central, how am I going to handle the heat of the South?

Husband put my mind at ease.

"We will have two things." Husband said to me last night. "First, we will have central air."

"But we have that." I said.

"Yes," he said, "But we will also have a pool!"

The solution presents itself.

6 comments:

rented life said...

Every summer I wish I had a pool. Can't even convince husband to get one of those cheap ones.

Seeking Solace said...

J wants to get one of those $40.00 ones you can find at Rite Aid. They are a blow up kind and are about 4 ft deep.

That could work.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

My relatives who live in the south say that they treat the hot/humid summer like those of us in the north treat January -- they go to and from AC like we go between heated places. They go out and do stuff in all the other seasons...

That is the only thought that could let me consider living someplace that gets really, really f-ing hot.

gwoertendyke said...

blues, heat, and air conditioning: yep, i share them.

i just started teaching and while i dreaded it before it started, now it is helping to structure my life again. we all are just retarded in this way, no? what do we do without the structure and form of teaching/work?

Anonymous said...

The intense heat is why ice tea is so popular in the south. You can get somewhat used to the heat, just as you do with cold. I too liked the idea of a pool, it is just the time and money spent on maintenance that turns me off.

Might I suggest you think of moving where there are mild seasons that are dry? You would need to invest a bit in skin moisturizers, but it would be a wonderful climate for your RA. It would be really wonderful if you didn't need any meds at all for your RA because you only had occasional mild flare-ups:)

Seeking Solace said...

AW: Yeah, structure is good. I need it.

Byrd: It would be so great to be off the meds. I am a walking pharmacy!

Subscribe