The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It Don't Come Easy

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am slowly coming out of my funk, cranks, grumps...whatever you want to call it. One thing that helped was that my textbook order finally arrived. I don't know if it had been sitting in the main office or if it just finally showed up. Either way, I can now finish looking at possible textbooks for the law class.

I went to the mall yesterday. I purchased this color nail polish. I love OPI and the place where I get my pedi does not carry OPI. Tomorrow, it's pedi and late lunch with GML. YAY!!!

I bought a cute dress at New York and Company that was 50% off. I could not find an pic on-line, but it looks like this this, only in cranberry. I also tried on this dress at JC Penny which I will order online because the one I tried on was a little small. I also like this from Banana Republic., but I may have to order that one too.

One thing that gets me about trying on clothes is how people leave the dressing room. It irritates me when I go into a dressing room and there are clothes all over the place, on the floor, barely on hangers, etc. I used to work in clothing retail and I hated cleaning up the dressing rooms. It's disgusting how people treat things that don't belong to them.

What also grinds my gears about trying things on is when someone walks down the length of the dressing rooms banging on the doors to see if one is open. When a sales clerk does it, it's a polite knock.

This one woman banged on my door and before I could get the words "Someone is in here." out of my mouth, she started barging in. Here I am with a shirt over my head trying to cover myself and this woman has the nerve to say "Well, you should have said something." Damn bitch, I thought to myself. Instead I said, "Usually, if there is no one around, if a door is closed, assume that SOMEONE IS IN THE DRESSING ROOM. And I would have spoken up, but it's kinda hard with a shirt over my head!"

Sigh.

People suck, don't they?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to work retail and I worked the fitting room because everyone else hated it and I liked to have complete control over my little domain. that means I'm permanently that customer who walks through each room and picks up all the clothes and hangers that are lying around and hangs them on the rack to go back out. because that drives me freaking insane. what is wrong with people?

then again, I've seen people have sex in fitting rooms, bleed in fitting rooms--seriously, a woman who had recent surgery broke sutures and started to buh-leeed--and pee on the floor. The bleeding only happened once but the sex and the peeing? Once a month. at least. seriously, *what* is wrong with people?

Seeking Solace said...

Anastasia: I know. It is so gross. And these people probably live like that too.

EWWWW!!!!

rented life said...

ooo, I remember that dress. I will have to go shopping for sure now.

I don't like knocking, I just bend over and look for feet. :)

Karen said...

I check for feet too!

You just HAD to post about shopping on the same day I posted about NOT shopping. :-P I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you this month.

The dresses are super cute!!! 5 more pounds and I'm splurging on a new cute outfit!

Seeking Solace said...

I also look for feet!

Kai: That's why I splurged!

BrightStar (B*) said...

Super cute dresses! I like the color of the polish, too.

That's is super annoying about the dressing room person. I guess at least we can say that it was good that that person wasn't looking to pee in there? ACK!

M said...

I would never dream of leaving clothes in the floor even though I never worked retail (except for one two-week stint).

Here was my pet peeve of the day: chick loading her crap into the back of her SUV loses control of the cart which steadily and slowly careens out of control, and she captures it, and returns it to a lamppost... when the corral is in the space just to the left of her driver side door.

It just comes back to this: what the hell is wrong with some people?

Seeking Solace said...

M: OH, I hate that too!

Anonymous said...

Yuck and double yuck!!! Bleeding, peeing, and sex in a dressing room!!! I don't think I want to go into another retail dressing room! Internet shopping is sounding so much better to me right now:)

Anonymous said...

people do suck, i'm with rented life on looking for feet. but yay on those really cute dresses!

Subscribe