The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No Easy Answer

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I just found out today that one of my friends is pregnant. Let's just say that it is the last thing she needs right now. The circumstances surrounding her situation and relationship are very delicate. I can't go into detail about my friend's situation for fear of outing myself or the person in question.

She says that she is going to have to make a very difficult and painful decision and asked for my legal advice. I told her what I could and reminded her that no matter what her decision is, it is her decision. I will support her no matter what.

I don't want this to become a haven for an abortion debate. Those of you who feel the need to spout the rhetoric, do it someplace else, OK? All I am saying is that regardless of your position, I think we can all agree that my friend is in a very scary and difficult place right now. Support, not grief should be the rule.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

agreed.

RageyOne said...

i feel for your friend. such decisions are very difficult to make.

Anonymous said...

I do hope your friend can get support and guidance through this difficult time.

M said...

I agree with the above. She's lucky to have a good friend in you.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I've had a friend or two in difficult situations like this --- no matter what she decides, she's lucky to have a close friend like you to help her, because she's going to need you.

Psych Post Doc said...

All the best to your friend. I do not envy her.

Wayfarer Scientista said...

all the best to her.

Subscribe