The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Twenty Years

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Twenty years, Where did they go?
Twenty years. I don't know.
I sit back and I wonder sometimes...where they've gone.

Like a Rock by Bob Seger

Twenty years ago today, my father died.

Twenty years seems like a long time when I think of everything I have seen and done.

I don't want to focused on what was missed over the last twenty years. I want to think of all the great things I was able to learn from and share with my father for the twenty years that he was a part of my life.

So today, I will recall...

8 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

These kinds of anniversaries are difficult... my father has been gone for 26 years, and it really isn't any easier now than it was in the first few years after he died...

Take care and think about the good stuff ---

comebacknikki said...

I'm coming up on one of those major anniversaries myself... it really never seems to get easier.
{{{Seeking Solace}}}

JMKH said...

Because my mother was verbally and physically abusive, my anniversary responses were horrible for years. As I got older and moved through therapy, much of the dread and pain lifted, and I now can look at my mother as a person and not a force of rage. I think you're lucky to have so many happy memories to comfort you during this time. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Just to say I'm thinking of you. xxxx

Prisca said...

Thinking of you on a difficult day and sending some hugs.

DancingFish said...

I had something like that yesterday- a no-longer celebrated birthday.

You sound in a good place but still sending you good thoughts.

Kayni said...

My thoughts are with you.

RussianViolets said...

Oh, SS, hugs to you!!!!! I know that feeling all too well.

Subscribe