The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hangover

Posted by Seeking Solace |

And no, it's not from alcohol.

I should have remembered that the change in the barometric pressure can trigger a migraine. I should have popped an Imitrex last night before bed when I felt like I was getting a headache. I figured it was only eye strain from staring at my computer too long. (Damn you, Amazon.)

I woke up this morning with the typical feeling like someone was stabbing my head with an ice pick. I cancelled my meeting with the Judge and went back to bed. The Boy was very quiet. I think he was doing his best not to disturb me.

I woke up around 11 AM. The pain was gone, but I still have that groggy feeling from the meds. I might take the night off from my workout.

Tomorrow will be a better day. I am meeting GML at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch!

4 comments:

Brigindo said...

Yuck. I'm feeling you. I just got over a 3-day round. I get them every month and an Imitrex a day does work (as long as I catch it early enough) but yeah the groggy out of feeling really brings you down.

Hope tomorrow is better.

Psych Post Doc said...

I've been hanging out in my ac'd bedroom ever since the temperature increased to avoid just this issue.

I hate the hangover feeling after taking migraine meds. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks!!! I am feeling so much better!

Breena Ronan said...

That ice pick in the head feeling is so familiar, as is the tired, hangover feeling. Yuck.

Subscribe