The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back To One

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Three years, eight months is the longest time I have gone without resorting to steriods for my RA.

It was a good run.

I started having severe pain and swelling on Sunday. On Monday, I couldn't walk or do the simplest tasks like brushing my teeth, pouring a cup of coffee, combing my hair or even holding a book. Husband spent the last two days working at home to help me.

I did go to my meeting for my job. Yes, I went in full RA flare. Part of me just wanted to get it over with while the other wanted these people to see how serious my illness is. I will tell you all how that went later. But, I will say that it did go pretty much as I predicted.

After my meeting, it was off to the RA doctor. I got a shot of steriods in the ass, instead of the dose pack. I guess the shot kicks in faster and it's one dose instead of six days of pills. I think it is starting to work, but I won't really know for about a day or so.

I have to stop typing now because my hands hurt.

14 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I am so sorry to hear about your RA trouble. Please take care of yourself.

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I'm sorry you're in pain! I hope the meeting went well.

Prisca said...

That just sucks. I hope those meds kick in quickly. Thinking of you!

Brigindo said...

So sorry about the RA pain and the need for steroids but hopefully they're working by now.

jo(e) said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better soon!

JMKH said...

Hope you feel better and soon. Have you looked in to using a voice to text for your computing? It might take some of the stress (psychological and physical) off in all senses of the word.

k8 said...

"Part of me just wanted to get it over with while the other wanted these people to see how serious my illness is."

I think I would feel that way too. The invisible disabilities suck b/c people think everything is normal and fine because they can't see the problem. While no where near the same thing as RA, I've had migraine since I was in middle school and it is so infuriating when people think that I can just take a pill and get rid of the headache in an hour. People just don't get it.

Sorry to hear about the RA flare. I hope the 'roids kick in soon!

Arbitrista said...

Oh crap. That's terrible. Good luck! I hope you feel much better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry that you are suffering! I hope the meds help- that just sucks. I'm glad that your husband was able to stay home and help. Hang in there and let us know how things went when you feel up to it. Sending hugs (unless that would hurt!)

Leslie M-B said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Katherine said...

Sorry you're hurting. I hope the meds kick in soon and that they help. Pain can be so debilitating, and people who haven't had to deal with it just don't get it.

I hope the folks the meeting could see what you have to deal with.

Take care

M said...

:( I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry that it involved having to go in.

Anonymous said...

ugh! So sorry to read this - hope you're feeling better!

comebacknikki said...

Ugh, that sucks. I hope you're feeling better now!

Subscribe