The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Crummy Sunday

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's cold and raining today. The Boy is stretched out on the floor next to the couch as I type. When I tried to coax him to go out, he just gave me a look of "Are you crazy? I do not get the fur wet involuntarily!"

Yesterday, J and I did a little shopping at the Loft. I had to replace some shorts and capris since I cleaned out my closet and got rid of all my larger size stuff. I am only keeping clothing that is in my current size as incentive to keep my fitness routine going.

J did tell me that she talked to a freind of hers who is a police detective in our area. She asked him about our neighbor's car being broken into. He said that there is a rash of not only car break-ins, but home break-ins too. The thieves are looking for electronics. These people are quite brazen. They are casing the neighborhood, looking in windows to see what electronics people have. Then, they are drilling deadbolts off of the doors when the homeowner is away. They are also trying to access windows.

Great...freakin' great.

As soon as I heard that, I called Husband and told him before he leaves on his camping-fishing trip to take my laptop off the dinning room table and put it somewhere out of plain view. Also, I told him to close the doors to our entertainment center. Of course, that made him worried about my being home alone, even if just for overnight.

To be honest, I was scared last night. Every time I would hear a noise, I would snap right up. The Boy was up too. barking at various noises, including the neighbor who often slams the car door late at night. Normally, the Boy sleeps at the foot of the bed when Husband is away, but not last night. Last night, he slept on the floor at the top of the stairs. (Good Boy!)

Needless to say, I did not sleep well at all. I was supposed to do brunch with GML, but I was kind of relieved when she said that she was up with her pups all night because they had tummy trouble. I read the paper and went back to bed at 11 AM and slept until 1 PM. Husband will be home this evening.

Hopefully, I will sleep better tonight.

6 comments:

k8 said...

That is disturbing. Having the dog on alert would help my peace of mind. Even if it doesn't stop criminal activity, it gives you time to call the police. But, from the sound of it, these criminals seem to avoid confrontation with people - you probably would have heard about it sooner if there had been such an incident. The presence of the dog should deter them. I know that (when I was younger) I always felt safe at home with our great dane. She was really a big baby, but she could intimidate the hell out of strangers.

Stay safe!

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks. Husband found his Louisville Slugger which he said we could keep in the bedroom. He has no fear of hitting someone with it!

RageyOne said...

I'm sorry to hear about the rash of crime in your area. That is quite disturbing and annoying. A person works hard for the things they earn, and along comes someone who just wants to take what isn't there. Just makes me angry. Work hard like I did!

Anonymous said...

whoa, scary re all the stealing...

Seeking Solace said...

It truly is annoying. Honestly, I think it's a reflection of the economy, gas prices, etc... There was a story on the local news where people were stealing man-hole covers, thinking they could sell them for scrap. (FYI: you can't.)

It also bugs me when I think about how hard Husband and I work to have nice things and there are those people who would rather take than work for it.

Mad Hatter said...

Wow...that is scary! Good thing you have the Boy to keep you company...and provide a deterrent!

Subscribe