The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, May 12, 2008

Space

Posted by Seeking Solace |

My "vacation" officially starts today. The nice thing about summer break is that I can get a ton of stuff done around the house and outside. But it's cold and rainy today, so I guess I will start on my first indoor project.

This week's project is the office/den. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get it organized in a way that is efficient and easy to maintain. I have some ideas to finally get it to a room that has style and function. Today, I will be sorting items in the den. There is stuff that needs to be filed, stuff that needs to find another home, stuff that needs to go to charity and stuff that needs to be trashed/recycled.

I think that's the hardest part, sorting through all the crap. A lot of the stuff is documents from my old law practice that I have to keep for at least ten years. Also, there are our own personal documents and stuff. And, we have a lot of books that we just don't use anymore. I hate to give up books, but honestly we just don't have the space. And since this room will also become the "music" room for Husband's guitars and my electric piano, I need to figure out a happy medium where books and instruments can live happily.

1 comments:

rented life said...

store the books at work. that's what I do, until I know for sure what should happen. Another prof started a "library" where students could take out books, add to it, etc, just for fun.

Subscribe