The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, May 02, 2008

Singing Professor

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I have taught my last class of the semester. Yippie!!!

Now I can't get these lyrics I created out of my head. It's only the first verse and chorus of Take It Easy by the Eagles, but I think it sums up how all of us are feeling right now.

Well, I'm running down the road
Tryin' to loosen my load
I've got seven students on my mind.
Four got stuff they owe me,
Two with lies they told me,
One who just plagiarized.


Take it easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of their whinny squeals
Drive you crazy
Get your grades done as soon as you can.
Don't even try to understand
Just use your red pen to make your stand
And take it easy

I have way too much time on my hands.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA Awesome. I may have to re-read this while in grading jail this weekend to cheer me up. :)

Mad Hatter said...

That was awesome! LOL!

Prisca said...

Nope. Inspired!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Perfect!!!

As I read it, I could hear the music and see Hubby in the Jeep on the way home for the summer... yep, perfect.

I'll show him tomorrow, when he's human again.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I am jealous that you're done. Plus, this cracked me up. :)

Subscribe