The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, May 04, 2008

One of Those Weekends

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I spent the entire weekend not doing much of what I should have been doing...meaning grading. Saturday, Husband and I made a trip to the nursery that is near our house. Still too early for broccoli. Then, we checked out a new housing subdivision that is near Husband's job. (Yes, we are considering moving on up.) The homes were very nice and the lots seemed reasonable. But one concern was that the area was rather congested.

Today, I just puttered around the house, downloaded some songs from Itunes, and went to the grocery store. Husband made eggplant parm for dinner. (Totally kicked ass!)

I just can't get myself into the whole grading mode. My brain is just fried. Finals week starts on Tuesday and since I don't give a final exam in my courses (my courses usually have a final project that is due at the end of the semester), I have the entire week to grade. I am going in to the office tomorrow morning because I do have a few students submitting work. But once the clock strikes noon, that's all she wrote. I will be working from home.

Maybe I should put together a plan and incentive list like Dr. Four Eyes. It might help motivate me.

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I think it's good that you gave yourself the down time this weekend. You'll get the grading done next week.

Anonymous said...

I'm not doing much better. knowing that grades aren't due until Friday doesn't help. I have 2 classes mostly done, but the papers...I just can't bring myself to read them. Plus I'll have finals to add to it on Monday. ick.

Seeking Solace said...

Righteous Babe: Crap, I thought we had until next Monday. I guess I better get my ass in gear.

Subscribe