The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Grading Break

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.

1. There once was a note. Pure and Easy by the Who
2. Can't see nothing in front of me. The Rising by Bruce Springsteen
3. Dust bowl, Bible belt. Lubbock or Leave It by the Dixie Chicks
4. I think I was wrong. The Difficult Kind by Sheryl Crow
5. They're fighting to make ends meet. Everyday People by Robert Palmer
6. Me debunk an American myth. At the Hundredth Meridian by the Tragically Hip
7. Just a small town girl. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey (Weezy)
8. Been running so long. Head over Heels by the Go-Go's
9. Crazy, how it feels tonight. Crush by DMB (Rented Life)
10. If I could reach the stars and pull one down for you. Change the World by Eric Clapton
11. Come to decide that the things that I've tried. Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers
12. Well my time has come quickly. (Bonus points for the right version.) Ol' 55 by the Eagles
13. In my eyes, indisposed. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden (Rented Life)
14. I am not a pretty girl, that is not what I do. Not a Pretty Girl by Ani DiFranco (Weezy) (Rented Life)
15. What's with these homeys, dissin' my girl? Buddy Holly by Weezer (JustMe)
16. It's getting near dark. Sunshine of Your Love by Cream (Luckybuzz)
17. Every one's talkin' but no one says a word. Nobody Told Me by John Lennon (Luckybuzz)
18. Once upon a time I was just a little bone. Adam's Rib by Melanie Doane
19. Nobody ever had a dream 'round here. Sam's Town by the Killers
20. Madman drummers bummers and Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat (hint: original version) Blinded by the Light by Bruce Springsteen (Luckybuzz)
21. Something's in the air tonight. Nothing Left to Lost by Mat Kearney
22. And I feel that times a wasted go Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
23. Hello, it's me. Hello, It's Me by Todd Rudgren (Luckybuzz)
24. So long ago I can't remember when. One Headlight by the Wallflowers (Comebacknikki)
25. Please allow me to introduce myself. Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones (Weezy)

14 comments:

Weezy said...

7- Don't Stop Believing--the Sopranos er Journey

14. Not a pretty Girl Ani Difranco

25 Sympathy for the Devil The Rolling Stones

I'll show restraint and stop at those...

Anonymous said...

9. dave matthews ?
14 ani, but it was already guessed

I feel like I know more but it's not coming to me,

Seeking Solace said...

All correct. And I did Ani just for you, Rented Life.

Karen said...

10 is Eric Clapton If I Could....that song always made me cry.

Seeking Solace said...

Rented Life: DMB is right but which song???

Kai: Yep, it's Clapton, but wrong title.

Anonymous said...

#1, I know the band but couldn't think of the title....

16: Sunshine of your Love, Cream
17: Nobody Told Me, John Lennon
20: Blinded by the Light, Bruce Springsteen
23: Hello It's Me, Todd Rundgren

For the record? We *so* have similar taste. They've already been guessed, but I knew #7, 14, & 25 too. I love when you do this meme. :)

Anonymous said...

Could #23 be any easier? I could so tear up this list...but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut

Anonymous said...

hubby, you should now this list since it's your wife.

9. Crush, DMB had to keep singing it

Seeking Solace said...

Luckybuzz: All correct. I know you know #1. Think hard!!! And yes, we could so hang out with our musical tatses!!! Rock Chicks rule!!!

Rented life: Correct :)

Hubby: As in Husband????

Anonymous said...

15: Buddy Holly by Weezer

Anonymous said...

13. black hole sun. soundgarden.

Seeking Solace said...

You guys are good!

comebacknikki said...

24. Wallflowers - One Headlight (now I have that damn song stuck in my head!)

Seeking Solace said...

Comebacknikki: Catchy, isn't it?

Subscribe