The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, April 11, 2008

Relief

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I went to the doctor today to follow up on my ankle problem and get the results of the x-ray and culture test. Turns out that there is no infection in my ankle or the cuts on my leg. The x-ray showed soft tissue damage, mostly likely caused by some sort of trauma. As a result of the soft tissue damage, my RA caused the ankle joint to swell. So in essence, my RA made the ankle injury worse. I am to continue icing and elevating my ankle and to use an ace bandage.

Well, that's a relief.

But I still can't figure out how I could have injured it. Perhaps I tripped while doing yard work on Sunday and I just don't remember it. Maybe doing all that yard work coupled with my workout caused some stress. Honestly, I just can't remember.

Oh well. No sense in driving myself crazy trying to figure this one out. I am happy and relieved that I will be OK. Best of all, no hospital and no needles!!!!

Thanks for all your get well wishes!!!!!

4 comments:

Prisca said...

Phew!!

Psycgirl said...

So was that big needle for nothing? :(

M said...

That sounds like me these days; I have a huge bruise on my leg right now and I have no idea how it got there. I am a big clutz, though, so no telling.

Anonymous said...

wow, I go away for a week and my Active Academic mentor is laid up. Here's to getting back on BOTH feet soon!

Subscribe