The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, March 31, 2008

California Dreaming'

Posted by Seeking Solace |

If all goes as planned, I will be attending this conference this summer.

Anyone going? Anyone live in that neck of the woods?

I am excited becuase this will be an excellent opportunity to up my "cred" in the department. I am a bit frustrated with my place in the pecking order right now*, so hopefully, this will move me up the food chain.

In the meantime, California, here I come!

*I am working on a post that explains this. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

aI am tempted by this one every year... but something always seems to get in the way. This year it is the darned dissertation... and the fact that I've spent every cent of my professional development funds....

zerodoll said...

definitely a nice time to visit since the crowds of students won't be around. i went to cal and have just recently moved out of the berkeley/oakland area. if you venture to oakland, i can give some rec's of where to go (and more importantly, where NOT to go.)

Anonymous said...

ooh, how exciting! if i haven't moved yet i be in that area!!

Subscribe