The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Surfacing...Sort Of

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks everyone for all the get well wishes. If you have not suffered from this flu bug...pray that you don't! At one point, I told Husband that if the Reaper knocked on the door, let him in!

I am feeling better today. I am up and about, albeit at a slow pace. I haven't had the flu in years and I forgot how exhausting it can make you feel. Yesterday, I needed to take a rest after climbing the stairs in my house. I guess it will take some time to get back to full speed.

Eating is still a bit challenging. My stomach is still rather raw from all the gear reversal and my abs still hurt. I was proud that I could eat one slice of toast, six bites of soup, one carrot and two pierogies yesterday, without doing the 40 yard dash to the bathroom. That was better that the one slice of toast I had between Thursday and Saturday. Mostly, I am trying to stay hydrated.

Today, I will try to assess where I am at with my classes. I had to cancel Thursday and Friday, which puts me behind a little. But then again, when am I not behind with school stuff? I think I can get CT caught up by dropping a couple of lectures that were just filler. Comp and Analytical Writing will be another story. I may have to shorten the amount of time that I give them for the assignments and add more in class time to make up the difference.

I am not going to stress about it. It is what it is.

But before I tackle work, I think I will take a short nap.

7 comments:

Weezy said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better-- I have been chanting...don't get sick...don't get sick. (I think GF has a touch of it.)

I do have to laugh that pierogies were part of your welcome back to the world meal. A woman after my own heart!!

Seeking Solace said...

One of my favorite foods!!! But I am part Polish!!!

Psycgirl said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I love pierogies when recovering from something! They're perfect comfort food.

Karen said...

Pierogies as part of a post-flu remedy?? I never would have guessed! Glad you guys are feeling better!

rented life said...

sorry about all the not so fun-ness.

Pierogies? You belong in my area of town.

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you've both been sick. I hope you're feeling better today. :)

Anonymous said...

argh, that flu. glad you are doing better, and yay for naps!

Subscribe