The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sick Blogging

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I have the flu. So does Husband.

You know, the flu that WASN'T covered by the flu shot.

Yeah, that one.

I spent most of Thursday and Friday getting to know my toilet bowl. My abs are killing me from the repetitive gear reversal. With the exception of one piece of toast, I haven't eaten anything. All I can handle are sips of chamomile tea and diluted apple juice.

At least Husband is doing a little better. He doesn't have the gear reversal.

The Boy has been such a sweetie, trying to snuggle with us.

That's all for now.

7 comments:

M said...

It seems like every year, they give the flu shot, everybody gets the flu, and then they say it's a different strain that developed that wasn't covered by the shot!

I hope everyone feels better soon. A sweet doggie certainly helps to get through the rough times.

Prisca said...

I didn't get a flu shot this year and was very worried-- now I'm not sure it mattered. I'm so sorry you are feeling so crappy. Keep sleeping and snuggling.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon. :(

DancingFish said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Alice said...

Hope you're already feeling better!

Mad Hatter said...

Oh, that sounds horrible. Hope you're better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry to hear that. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. Just take it easy for a while.

We have had an epidemic on campus. An amazing number of people have gotten sick. I just hope that I don't get it. I HATE getting the flu. And, as you note, the flu shot this year isn't doing much good.

Subscribe