The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

OUCH!!!!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Yesterday, I took the Boy to Saturday playgroup. He seems to do much better with this group. He plays more and gets into less trouble. GML brought Blue and Frankie too. Her boys had a great time too. Especially Frankie, who is quite smitten with a Dalmatian pup named Mandy. Blue, like the Boy, likes to walk around and bark at the other dogs. It's like Blue and the Boy think they are the sheriffs of playgroup.

One of the funniest things to watch at playgroup is the doggie round-about. Dogs will run in a huge circle around the room in full chase mode. It is very fast and furious. Sometimes, they will weave in and out of the people standing around watching the action. This leads me the to the second rule of doggie playgroup.

Protect your knees at all times.

I did not pay attention to that one. I was busy chatting with GML and Husband, I did not see the huge round-about chase that was headed in our direction.

All of the sudden...

BAM!

One of the pups ran head on into my right knee. My bad knee.

OWIE!!!!!!!

The pup was no worse for the wear. After the incident, she trotted over, wagging her tail with this apologetic look. I gave her a hug and told her that her apology was accepted.

Today, my knee is rather painful. I am taking the day off from my scheduled workout to give it a rest. Oh well, I guess that means I actually have to do some work. I just hope that it is better by this evening, since I am going to a hockey game/girl's night with J.

Oh, and where was the Boy when all of this was going on? He was playing with another German Shepard. A female named Macy. He had no clue what was going on with his Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear, i hope your knee is better!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

hope it feels better! The Disreputable Dog used to be terrible about taking people at the knees as a puppy but then one time someone full out landed on him as if he had football tackled him. And it scared him so bad it never happened again.

Subscribe