The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Slow and Steady

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I have met with all of my classes. I can't say how things will go just yet. I don't teach the first day, mostly because I end up repeating everything again because someone added the course or forgot to show up for class. I do have a few "repeat offenders"; in fact, one of my courses has about 70% repeat offenders. A couple of them failed my class last semester. Have they learned the error of their ways?? I don't know, but my past experience tells me that only a small number atone for their past sins.

I am not quite used to the 8 AM/five days a week schedule. I am not normally a morning person. Even the Boy is not used to the new routine. He is still snuggled in his bed as I fumble around, trying to get ready. When he sees that I am ready to go downstairs for breakfast, he gets up, does a big doggie stretch as if to say "OK, I am ready to face the world." I wish that would work for me. I need at least one cup of coffee before I can function at minimum capacity.

This morning, I hope to tackle my issues with Blackboard. It has not been very kind to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uff, 8 am classes are so bad. i am not a morning person either...

Alice said...

8:00 a.m. all week -- yikes! I have 8:00 a.m. classes four times a week this semester and it's killing me.

Subscribe