The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, January 21, 2008

Can It Get Any worse?

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Today has not gone the way I had planned. I wanted to get up early in order to have a trial run at my obscenely early schedule. I wanted to get up at 6:30 and be out of the house by 7:15.

I got up at 7:oo and left the house at 8:00.

I was out in the cold today because I wanted to get my stuff copies and ready to go. I figured it would be quiet at work, seeing that it was a holiday.

Husband and I were about halfway to my job when a strange odor was coming from the engine of our vehicle.

Burning oil...great. That's what we get for leaving the car out overnight. So, we drove home to switch vehicles.

So on the road again. No troubles until I got to the office.

The office, which I share with the lovely Righteous Babe, was trashed. By trashed I mean the maintenance crew didn't bother to return the office to it's rightful appearance after cleaning. There was junk piled on our desks. One of our desk chairs was missing. And, we had no chairs for students. So, I went on a hunt for another desk chair and two chairs for students. I found them in the classroom across the hall.

OK, after I got my side of the office back in order, I decided to work on what I intended to do. Print out stuff and make copies.

No such luck. My printer cartrige is dead.

CRAP!!!!

Alright, I'll just import some stuff to Blackboard.

Nope, For some reason, my zip files won't upload.

GRRRR!!!!

It's 11 AM and I am ready to just call it a day.

6 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

It is early enough in the day to go back to bed and start over...

Really, take a nap, read a book, cuddle with The Boy for a bit -- then call the rest of the day a new day.

BrightStar (B*) said...

oh no... another case of the Mondays! :(

I hope things get better soon.

Psycgirl said...

I agree - call it a day and go home! Fate is obviously telling you too. I hope your afternoon goes better!

Anonymous said...

i hope it got better and you called it a day!

Arbitrista said...

Seems like a day destined to end in whiskey.

Wayfarer Scientista said...

Hmm...methinks this means you are supposed to take the day off - that the holiday is for you too.

Subscribe