The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, December 14, 2007

Random Bullets from Grading Jail, the Infirmary and Winter Wonderland

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • Two classes down and one to go. I have research papers and final essays from my quiet CT class left to grade. Saving the worst for last, I guess.
  • My other CT class did an awesome job on their final essay. I think it was the manner in which I presented the topic that really helped them. They not only got the concept, but they ran with it. I hope my quiet class has the same result.
  • I do have a couple of students who are on the boarder between two grades. I hate when this happens. Do I push them over or leave it be? I guess I will have to look at all the subjective elements of the course. Did they show up regularly? Did they participate? Was there an upward progression in their work? Did they put forth a consistent effort? Will this come back to bite me in the ass later?
  • Husband is STILL sick. We now think that it is a sinus infection and pink eye. The eye stuff is starting to work. No more cloudiness or goop coming out of his eyes, but they are really bloodshot. As for the sinuses, he is in a lot of pain. I am using everything in my arsenal to combat his symptoms.
  • I need to go to Target to pick up items for the Giving Tree for Husband's work. I have always enjoyed participating. This year, we drew a little girl and her mom. The little girl wants a Barbie and the mom only wants socks, a hat, gloves and a scarf. I am going to throw in a gift card to help them out.
  • We got five inches of snow yesterday. That's considered a dusting in my neck of the woods. We are supposed to get between 18 and 24 inches of snow this weekend. Not totally unheard of here, but a pain nonetheless.
  • Since Husband is sick, I get the job of shoveling. Thankfully, it's the fluffy stuff and not the heavy stuff. And no, we do not own a snow blower. Husband is just too "manly" for such things.
  • The Boy shoveled his own path in the backyard. He just uses his head. I have to snap a photo of that.
  • OK, time to get moving. Either I shop first, then grade or grade first, then shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the gift card sounds like a really nice idea

Prisca said...

Sorry Hubby is so out of it. What a crappy time to be sick. Get your shopping done before the snow comes again. I'm thinking of you and wishing you dry roads.

Addy N. said...

That's too bad your hubby is still sick! D is also STILL sick- she missed four days this week. I don't know how you deal with that snow! Although I guess you have snow tires on your cars? We're having wintry mix and snow ALL WEEKEND, so I am trapped in the house for another two days while H is still in grading jail (his exams were late this week). I'm NOT looking forward to it- maybe I'll get the urge to clean...

Subscribe