The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Clarification

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I took down my post about Michael Vick. I still stand by my anger about his receiving a mere 23 months in prison for what he did. As many of you know, I am a avid animal lover and have strong views about the laws regarding animal cruelty. I also have strong opinions about people who say "Oh, it's just a dog or just a cat." I spent this summer working to rehab cats and have seen firsthand the results of people who think hurting an animal is acceptable.

That being said, something that I did write was way out of line. Someone reminded me of that fact. Rape is a serious thing. As a twenty year survivor of rape, I still have memories of what happened to me. I would never think that it is funny or mean to suggest something like that in jest. Retribution is never the answer. Wishing that someone have that happen to them will not solve the issue or make it any better. It lowers one to the level of the offender.

My anger and forestation got the better of me. That is no excuse, but it does explain the behavior.

So, if I offended anyone, I sincerely apologize.

We now return to our regular programing.

3 comments:

Nels P. Highberg said...

Seeking Solace, please allow me to clarify now. My post wasn't directed at you as I made it after getting home yesterday afternoon before reading other blogs. It was directed at talk radio and things I overheard while Christmas shopping yesterday. It was directed mainly at people saying it out of enjoyment, giggling in the process. Out of true anger, it's at least understandable on the surface (and easy to take back). Said out of where you are, I can see it being a gut response. Said with laughter, as I heard it more than one (or twice) yesterday, not so much.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks Nels. I didn't think you were calling me out. It was just a gut check of sorts. Sometimes words, even unintentional, can hurt. I was just afraid that I offended my readers or anyone who would come upon my blog and think that I am some horrible person.

Weezy said...

I'll send you a hug and tell you that I don't think you are a horrible person. I read it and didn't bat an eyelash about it.

Hey, it's five oclock somewhere-- go get a drink (unless it is icy out and then just make your own margarita!)

Subscribe