The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, December 17, 2007

The Calm After the Storm

Posted by Seeking Solace |

So much for the end of the world snow predictions. As of this morning, there is only 10 inches of snow. Now, for some of you, that may seem like a big deal. But, for those of us who living in Lake Effect Snow Central, it's nothing. When you get seven feet in four days like what happened here a few years ago, then you should start wondering if the end of the world is near.

Today's agenda now that grades are in and I am officially on vacation is to clean the house. Right now, my house looks like grading hell mixed with an infirmary. I also want to put up the indoor Christmas decorations too. Hopefully this weekend, Husband and I will go out and get our Christmas tree. We are traditionalists, and must have a real tree.

Speaking of Husband, he wants to thank everyone for their get well wishes. The antibiotics have kicked so he is going back to work today.

And the Boy? Well, let's just say he is having a blast in the snow. I will try to get some pics.

4 comments:

Prisca said...

Congrats on your freedom! I'm glad The Boy will get a good romp in the snow, too. Good thing he's a tall dog. :) Happy decorating and have a nip o'eggnog (or something) for me.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say hi! Guess who? I just started another blog. :)

Are you glad you didn't get the extra snow? We have a lot of snow here, though it hasn't snowed in a couple of days.

I haven't been out in it- guess what I did? I had ankle surgery Oct 18th. I had severe arthritis in my right ankle because I broke it 24 years ago. I have about a month to go before I can put weight on it. I.cannot.wait!

Joy from Wisconsin

Anonymous said...

yay, glad husband is better! i wish i could come play in the snow!

Seeking Solace said...

Joy: Welcome back to the blog world!!!!

Prisca: Mint Baileys. It's like drinking a thin mint cookie!

JustMe: I am going to try to get some pics of the Boy playing in the snow.

Subscribe