The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Whew!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Observation complete.

The whole thing was rather weird. Dude sat in the back of the room tapping away on his laptop. I could hear tap, tap, tap as I was lecturing. A couple of my students remarked after class that it was rather annoying.

What was also strange was that Dude did not stay for the entire lecture. He just abruptly got up and left about tw0-thirds of the way. I have no idea what to make of that. Maybe he had seen enough. That can be good or bad.

Honestly, I don't know how I did. After about 10 minutes, I found my groove, although kept referring to my notes. Mostly out of being nervous and also because the topic of today's lecture is not one that I strong with knowledge. There is one particular concept that I often mix up, so I was trying my best to keep it straight. In all honestly, I was hoping that I wouldn't swear accidentally during my lecture.

The students were a tad quiet, mostly because the topic is loaded with information. They did participate when required, so that made me happy.

After it was all over, a couple of my students asked me why Dude was there. I told them. They said that they would tell him that I am a great professor. That made me smile! After they left, I went to Dude's office to see if he wanted to discuss my observation. He was gone. I guess I will have to wait to find out what he thought.

I don't want to start speculating about the outcome. I am just glad it's over!

I need a drink!!!

5 comments:

Arbitrista said...

I'm sure you did fine, not that you shouldn't reward yourself with a drinkie!

BrightStar (B*) said...

Sounds like it went well!

dr four eyes said...

I'm sure you did fine, too!

I once had an observer come in an hour into a 2 hour class, sit in the back reading a book, and then leave after 20 minutes. I got good marks, generally, but it was annoying and discombobulating.

Wayfarer Scientista said...

for some reason reading this post reminds me of Professor Umbridge. Not that the Dude was wearing pink...

Anonymous said...

yes, yay on being done!

Subscribe