The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tempted

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I so want to do what Philosophy Factory suggests with respect to my law class. I just don't feel like talking about sale and lease contracts under the UCC. I don't feel like getting into the whole risk of loss deal. Mostly, I don't feel like putting together another exam that will take place next week for only three chapters. What the hell was I smoking when I put together the calendar for this course. (Note to Husband: I swear I did not see her smoking crack!)*

*This was a quote from last week's Law and Order SVU that I have been dying to use!

Honestly, I feel like saying "OK, except for your research paper which is due on the last day of class, we are done. I will be available to discuss any questions you may have regarding your paper between now and the due date. Otherwise, take advantage of the time to work on your paper."

I could do that...couldn't I?

There is a tired, evil voice in my head that is screaming "Yeah, girl...go for it. You are not teaching at that grade 13 college anymore. Besides, the little brats are going to show up for class and if they do, everything you say will sound like blah, blah, blah, to them."

Then there is the guilt ridden, paranoid voice that says "Now, Seeking Solace, you need to be a good instructor and follow through with your course. These students must learn about sale and lease contracts and it is your duty to teach them. Besides, what would the powers that be say? Now suck it up and teach something."

Somebody make them stop!

So, where do I stand? Do I stand for goodness or badness?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about hooking up with one of the librarians and meeting a couple of times in the library for some guided research to get them going? At this time in the semester a change of venue (correct legal term?) might give everyone a burst of energy.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Goodness. End with goodness. Finish with grace! I know they are being annoying, but you can get through anything that has a finite ending! This will be over soon.

Subscribe