The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving Crapola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Today is the last day before Thanksgiving break. I cancelled my afternoon class becuase I know hardly anyone would show up. I will meet with my morning class, but I am not keeping them since I still feel like crap.

Yes, this cold will not go away, despite multiple rounds of Zicam and other meds. I skipped a departmental meeting yesterday becuase I could not hold my head up. I didn't even take the Boy to playgroup last night. He just didn't understand why we were not leaving the house at the usual time. Oh well, I will be home with him the rest of the week, so there will be plenty of doggie snuggle time!

Husband finished the Thanksgiving grocery shopping last night, so we have all the fixings for our feast on Thursday. Tomorrow, I will bake the sweet potato pies and chop some of the veggies that go into my stuffing. It just makes less work on Thursday.

So, I am going through all the work that is piling up and seriously asking myself if I am really going to do any grading over break. I know I should, but I just have this feeling that it will sit there until Sunday.

Anyone want to bet that my work will sit in my bag all break?

1 comments:

Wayfarer Scientista said...

Of course you won't take that stuff out of your bag all break. But there is some sort of unwritten rule that it must be dragged with you all through the break just in case.

Subscribe