The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After

Posted by Seeking Solace |

So, I have today off and there is no way in hell I am venturing out. Years of working retail have soured me on shopping on Black Friday. Honestly, there is nothing in this world that I want or need that requires getting up at some ridiculous hour to stand in line in the freezing cold. (It's 25 degrees right now.) The outlet mall near me opened at midnight. That's right folks, midnight. There were pics on the news last night of people lined up at a Best Buy, some were standing on line since 2 PM. What the hell?!?!

Husband asked me what my plans were for the long weekend. My response? Absolutely nothing. I just want to relax and bank some sleep before I go back on Monday. I will have to hit the ground running with two weeks of classes left. Research papers and final essays will be due soon. I would also like to read for fun, maybe bang on my piano and play with the Boy.

And eat leftovers, of course!

6 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Hubby and I try not to shop on Black Friday -- but we end up shopping anyway... accidentally. Sadly, the largest mall EVER is in our area, so we end up at that mall...

Anonymous said...

I succumbed to giving gift certificates this year--in part because I, too, hate shopping especially on Black Friday.
Have a good, relaxing weekend, Seeking.

Anonymous said...

oh dear, midnight?!?! the end of the world must be near.

Prisca said...

There is nothing ANYONE one needs badly enough to be up at 2 a.m. to stand in line for it. Not that I have an opinion about Black Friday or anything.....

It just seems disturbing to me. I'm glad you are home resting.

Wayfarer Scientista said...

yay for leftovers and playing with the dog! The best of post-turkey day traditions. That's what I'm doing, oh, and I think I got your cold ;)

Mad Hatter said...

I've never understood the "getting up at an ungodly hour to shop" phenomenon either. Isn't it a luxury to be able to have no activities planned? Sounds like we have the same idea for what makes a great weekend! :-)

Subscribe