The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, October 19, 2007

Nasty

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I stopped to use the restroom before my 9 AM class. There was a girl in the stall next to me, talking on her cell phone while taking a poop!

That's weird and gross, but it gets worse.

When I left my stall, to wash my hands, I saw her standing in front of the mirror fixing her hair. It was a student from my 9 AM class. She saw me and said hi. I thought she was waiting for me to step aside so she could wash her hands.

Nope, she walked out of the restroom with me.

As I was lecturing, I tried to avoid looking at this student. When I would catch a glimpse of her, all I could think was EEEEWWWWWW.

And people wonder why I keep antibacterial stuff in my bag and use it (discretely) after students give me anything.

3 comments:

k8 said...

Ick!

I had the phone in the restroom experience this morning, too. I'm glad the young women couldn't see the look of disgust on my face. I did, however, tell the story to my students this morning since we were talking about the pervasiveness of electronic communication devises in our lives. I'm very glad that they were as disgusted as I was.

Seeking Solace said...

I would have said something to my students, but the offender was in my class and I just didn't have the heart to embarrass her.

Anonymous said...

yuck yuck. i always carry that stuff too.

Subscribe