The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sweet Merciful Crap!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I found a dead rat on my patio!!!!!!!

I am not talking about a mouse. I am talking about a RAT!!!!!. This fucker was the size of a small cat!!!!!!!

I had just finished watering my garden. The neighbor next to J's house was working on the fence between their yards. The neighbor's dog saw me and the Boy and came over to visit. The neighbor came over to retrieve her dog and I gave her one of the green peppers from my garden. When I turned around to go back into my house, there it was next to my patio table.

WAH!!!!!!!!!!!

I let out a scream that could have woke the dead. My neighbor's husband came over to dispose of the carcass. And the Boy? He was totally oblivious to the goings on. He was too busy visiting with the neighbor's dog.

Thanks a lot, Lassie.

I am surprised that I did not see it when I first went outside. I mean how could you miss something like that?

We are having some problems with rats in my neighborhood. There is a new video store being constructed a block away, so that might be part of the problem. Also, some of my neighbors are not so great about covering their garbage cans. The suburb where I live gave us these huge cans on wheels with a lid attached as a means to combat the rat problem.

One of my other neighbors called to tell me that she is having someone from the town drop some bait to deal with the rats, and suggested that we do the same thing. I am not thrilled about this because usually the bait is some kind of poison which I am afraid will be harmful to the Boy. There are a couple of neighborhood cats, owned and stray, that are roaming the area. I wonder if they are on the case?

Anyway, I think my heart rate has returned to normal. But still...EWWWW!

5 comments:

RageyOne said...

I agree with that: EWWWWWWWW!

I hope you don't see anymore of those.

comebacknikki said...

OMG!!! That's SO nasty!

I see rats all the time in the ally behind our apartment, which is bad enough. I cannot imagine having one on the porch. BARF!!!

Anonymous said...

When you said RAT, I was actually thinking of the movie "Ratatouille." But yes, that's nasty.

Anonymous said...

yuck yuck yuck. i HATE rodents! today a mouse had the GALL to come into my office. right thru the open door. i definitely screamed. and yah, i would be nervous about eh poison too.

Prisca said...

I think I would have fainted ON. THE. SPOT! The very thought gives me the shivers.

Does the town/city actually think the poison thing will be anything other than a short term solution? I wonder if your vet knows of any alternative (i.e. not harmful to The Boy) alternative for ridding the area of vermin?

AGGGGGHHHHHH.

Subscribe