The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, July 06, 2007

Shopping and Cheesecake

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Chaser asked for my help regarding this post. I do have some thoughts on the issue. I am working on a post about it. Check back later.

Also, I changed my Present Thought at the sidebar. Given all the drama of late, I think it is appropriate, especially the last sentence.

Today was all about shopping and eating (Not necessarily in that order). My friend, J (who is also the Girl's mom), and I engaged in a little retail therapy and lunch. We stopped at Bath and Body Works, where I picked some antibacterial soap. Not a great deal, as they are now three for $10.00 and the supplies are running low.

Then it was off to the Ann Taylor Loft where I did the most damage. I bought this, this, this in both colors and two of these in white. Why two white tee shirts? Well, I can't keep a white tee shirt to save my life and just the other day, I ruined mine by spilling something on it that did not come out. So I figured, buy two and put one away because I KNOW it's only a matter of time...

After that bit of heinousness, J and I decided we needed to refuel. That meant lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Neither of us have had the pleasure of dinning there, and since cheesecake would be involved, we decided to go for it. Well, let me tell you, the food was absolutely delish!!!! The lunch portions were enough to feed me for a couple of days.

OK, enough about the food, what about the cheesecake???

The cheesecake...(Excuse me while I do my Homer Simpson drooling impression)....I had the tiramisu cheesecake. J had the key lime pie cheesecake. Only one word can describe it "sinful". I am so glad I ate some lunch. I could have just ate the cheesecake for lunch. Regardless, I will be paying for it on the treadmill later!

Fat, happy and giddy from our lunch we continued shopping. Nothing really seemed to catch our eye. Although there were shoes similar to these at Macy's that can on described as "shut up cute". I thought I would forgo temptation and move on.

Last stop, only because we were getting sleepy from all the eating, was DSW. Not much there either. Question: What do stores put the butt-ugliest shoes up front for display? Don''t they know that will scare people from going any further???

Tired and a little poorer, we decided to call it a day. But it was a good day.

And I have leftover cheesecake!!!!

5 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Awesome clothes!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I loooooove the Cheesecake Factory. I told hubby I could move to Omaha after they opened one there...

rented life said...

I have not ate there yet. I want to have enough money to do bravo and cheesecake all at once, but I doubt my stomach could (or should) handle it.

Love the shorts!

Anonymous said...

Cute clothes! You are WAAYYY more fashionable than I am- I also don't wear sleeveless tops or shorts out of the house anymore, so good for you! Maybe if I lose a LOT more weight (although I would still be pasty!)

RageyOne said...

Love the clothes! I'm going shopping today.

Cheesecake Factory is fabulous! I'm meeting some friends this coming Wednesday, and I am so looking forward to it! Glad you enjoyed it.

Subscribe