The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, July 09, 2007

Music Monday: Rock the Cat box, Rock the Cat box!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

There are two reality game shows premiering this week in which the contestants have to provide the lyrics to songs. I can't stand the thought of ANOTHER reality show, but the misunderstood song lyric is a great topic for Music Monday!

  • There's a bathroom on the right.

Actual lyric:There's a bad moon on the rise. (Bad Moon Rising by CCR)

  • You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille. Four hundred children and a crop in the field.

Actual lyric: You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille. Four hungry children and a crop in the field. (Kenny Rogers "Lucille")

  • 'Scuse me while I kiss this guy.

Actual lyric: 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky. (Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze")

  • Dirty deeds done to sheep.

Actual lyric: Dirty deeds done dirt cheap. (ACDC "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap")

  • Dressed up like a douche on of the runner of the night.

Actual lyric: Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night. (Manfred Mann "Blinded by the Light" which was originally done by Bruce Springsteen)

  • Big 'Ol Jed left the light on.

Actual lyric: Big 'Ol Jet Airliner (Steve Miller Band "Jet Airliner")

  • Blew out my flip flop. Stepped on a pop tart.

Actual lyric: Blew out my flip flop. Stepped on a pop top. (Jimmy Buffett "Margaritaville")

  • There's a lemon in front.

Actual lyric: It's an eminence front. (The Who "Eminence Front)

  • Ghost man so close to me.

Actual lyric: Don't stand so close to me. (The Police "Don't Stand So Close to Me")

  • Give me the Beach Boys and free my soul.

Actual lyric: Give me the beat, boys, and free my soul.(Dobie Gray "Drift Away")

  • Just like a one-winged dove.

Actual lyric: Just like a white winged dove. (Stevie Nicks "Edge of Seventeen")

  • She's got electric boobs, a mohair too.

Actual lyric: She's got electric boots, a mohair suit. (Elton John "Benny and the Jets")

  • Jose can you see?

Actual lyric: O, say can you see? (The Star Spangled Banner)

  • The girl with colitis goes by.

Actual lyric: The girl with kaleidoscope eyes. (Beatles "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)

I have to stop, I am laughing my ass off right now! What are some of your faves?

8 comments:

rented life said...

There's a metallica song (ick) where he says "and baked apple piiiie". Don't even remember what the real lyric are anymore cause that's all I hear.

"Rubber ducks suck" (actually "live and undrugged", song by the Supertones)

They ones you have are funny!

dr four eyes said...

For a long time, I thought the lyric was "Secret Asian man" not "Secret Agent Man."

Anonymous said...

on rock the casbah, I'm sort of amused by the idea that they're saying "the sheep don't like it" instead of the shareef.

betty said...

So funny I laughed out loud too! I have a few funny ones but the songs are kind of random (and the lyrics (or my interpretation of them) are a little PG-13-ish too - sorry in advance).

blow, blow silly old men
actual lyrics "Blow, blow Seminole wind" by some random country music singer

that rap s*@t's my meal chicken
actual lyrics "that rap s*@t's my meal ticket" from 'Thank God it's Friday' by, uh, Ice Cube?

teacher leave my panties on
actual lyric "with my t-shirt and panties on" by somebody who apparently likes to hang out half dressed?

oh and one more that my mom told me from when she was little (to make up for the above ones)

he tells the eggs to say 'O'
actual lyric "in Excelsis Deo" from 'Angels We Have Heard on High', some hymn we used to sing in church

hahahaha, I'm dying!

Anonymous said...

Hee! Love these. I was SO sure it was one-winged dove!

My contribution: that really cheesy late 80s song (which I love), "When I Think about You, I Touch Myself" (can't at all remember who it's by - the Divinyls? are they even a group?). Anyway, there's a line that goes, "You're the one...that makes me come running," and I was absolutely sure it was "You're the one...that makes me come money," which TOTALLY cracked up the guys I knew in college.

betty said...

I thought of another - a friend always thought that Sophie B Hawkins song "Damn, I wish I was your Lover" said "Dance, I wish I was your Mother". hahahahahaha!

rented life said...

ok, husband informs me metallica lyric is supposed to be "and things that will bite." I still hear apple pie.

Seeking Solace said...

Betty: So glad you dropped by!!! I missed you!!!!!!

Subscribe