The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, July 16, 2007

I Have to Put on My Big Girl Clothes Today

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I have an interview today for a teaching position. It would be another adjunct gig, but at a four year college instead of a two year. So, it's a lateral move with a slight move up in terms of the type of insitution. The position is in the Interdisciplinary Studies department, teaching a course in Critical Thinking and Expression. What is nice is that if I get the job, I will already know someone who teaches there. It will be nice to have a good friend in my corner!!! (You know who you are. Thanks for all your help and guidence!!!!!)

The course is similar to the critical thinking course I taught at my former place of employment. It also has elements of the human relations course that I taught too. So, I gathered samples of assessments and syllabi that I used in those courses to take with me. I think it will help prove my "worthiness" for lack of a better word. I also have my philosophy of teaching statement, evidence and my teaching evaluations. References are on alert for any calls too. I hope I am not forgetting anything.

I am actually really nervous. This is the first time I have done any sort of interview in four or five years. Husband says that I should just be myself and that I am a natural when it comes to interviewing. But, I can help feeling the bats (not butterflies) that are flying around in my stomach.

OK, deep, cleansing breath....

What sucks is that it is going to be warm today. Crap. I would wear a skirt, but that means wearing hosiery, and it is just too freakin' warm for that. So, I guess it's pants. I don't have a skirt long enough to forgo hosiery.

Hmm, better pack the lint brush in my purse. I often carry parts of the Boy with me.

Another cleansing breath....

Wish me luck.

13 comments:

comebacknikki said...

*fingers crossed for you*

Anonymous said...

Good luck--you'll do great! :)

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

luck, luck, luck, luck!!

Personally, if I were interviewing someone, having pet hair on them would count in their favor :).

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! I'll send positive vibes in your general direction! How soon will you find out? Ooooh- I hope you get it!

BrightStar (B*) said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm dressing in my big girl's clothes today too!
Good luck with it!

Karen said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

best of luck!

Prisca said...

You'll be great! I'm sending you good vibes. :)

dr four eyes said...

good luck!!!

(And I feel you on dressing for summer interviews!)

post-doc said...

Good luck! (I'm late, but the wishes are still there.)

Weezy said...

and i'm really freaking late but luck, luck, luck. Sung of course like salt, salt, salt from a Buffett concert!

Subscribe