The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, July 20, 2007

Do Me and the Boy a Favor...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am sure by now all of you have heard about Michael Vick's federal indictment for dog fighting. I will not go into the horrible details of what these poor dogs had to suffer. But, the Boy and I am going to ask all of the readers, lurkers and people who just found this blog by chance to do me a huge favor.

Please go to this site and sign the petition to have the NFL suspend Michael Vick for his actions.

Whether or not you agree with PETA, I think we can all agree that what Michael Vick is accused of doing is clearly heinous. This is no worse than the actions of Pacman Jones , Ray Lewis or other athletes in trouble with the law. As a dire hard football fan, I am sick and tired of NFL players, and other athletes, getting a "pass" for unacceptable behavior.

What makes Vick's action worse is that these poor dogs cannot protect themselves. And it's because of assholes like Vick who give the American Pit Bull the reputation it currently has. These are loving, beautiful, loyal dogs that need to be treated with dignity and respect.

The whole thing is just sick and just plain wrong.

Please help if you can.

I thank you and so does the Boy! (Woof!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done! I also forwarded the message to a friend of mine. If only we could have the factory farms indicted for their cruelty...

Anonymous said...

I am with you. Cruelty to animals is unacceptable. I hope Vick goes to jail.

Prisca said...

The cruelty involved in dog fighting is frightening-- I was absolutely disgusted to hear the list of things found in the search of Vick's home. Thanks for reminding us to DO something about this.

RageyOne said...

As much as I am not an animal person, I don't agree with cruelty to them. At all. Hearing about this story makes me really sad.

It really is a shame the way those young men squander the opportunity they are given.

Subscribe