The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, June 11, 2007

Music Monday: Excuse Me While I Kiss The Sky!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

People often ask me how a migraine is different from a run of the mill headache. One of my responses is that it's like being on an acid trip without the use of psychedelics! My migraines are accompanied by funky light shows and auras. So, this playlist is an ode to those occasional, well, altered states of consciousness.

  • Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix
  • Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by the Beatles
  • Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys
  • Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary
  • White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
  • Strange Brew by Cream
  • Cocaine by Eric Clapton
  • Light My Fire by the Doors
  • Casey Jones by the Grateful Dead
  • Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie
  • Freddy's Dead by Curtis Mayfield
  • White Lines by Grandmaster Flash

And finally, Any album by Pink Floyd!

1 comments:

Kyle said...

wow! I occasionally have such experiences (they seem to be increasing in frequency). I've always thought they were, in fact, LSD flashbacks (I dropped a fair amount of acid back in the day...). There's rarely any significant pain, but it's darn near impossible to do anything else while it's happening (which is a problem if I happen to be driving or working), and they leave me exhausted. Is it possible I'm actually having migraines?

Subscribe