The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, May 14, 2007

Music Monday: All Hail The King!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

As I mentioned in the post below, Husband and I saw B.B. King on Saturday night. Here's a list of our faves.

  • The Thrill is Gone (My personal favorite. It reminds me of my great uncle who taught me about B.B. and the Blues)
  • Everyday I Have the Blues
  • Just Like a Woman
  • Paying the Cost to be the Boss
  • How Blue Can You Get?
  • When Love Comes to Town
  • Nobody Loves Me But My Mother
  • Rock Me Baby
  • Let the Good Times Roll
  • To Know You is to Love You.

Play on, Blues Boy!

2 comments:

Geeka said...

ooo, I went to see B.B. a couple of years ago. His music was just so impressive.

I don't know if he was really feeling his age, but he sat almost the entire performance.

I was also amazed about the throngs of young women going to talk to him post show.

Did you know that he once tried to give Lucille to the Pope?

Seeking Solace said...

Geeka: Yes!! He mentioned that in the show about his relationship with the Pope. How cool is that!!!

I wish I would have gone to talk to him after the show!!!

Subscribe