The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm Going Crazy a Little Every Day

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I decided that I am suspending my job search for a while. I just can't take the rejection anymore. I have always considered myself a strong, resilient person, but there is only so much one can take. I think I need to focus on something else for a while. The whole process is driving me to a place I don't want to be.

Job hunting is such a roller costar ride of emotions. You have the high of sending the resume and waiting for the interview that sends you into the stratosphere of anxiety. Then you spiral downward into the low of rejection that comes with the dreaded "FU" letter. It's amazing that I have not vomited yet. But, I can't help but yell "Let me off!"

Yesterday, I just felt like I was in that downward spiral. I spent most of the day sulking and feeling like crap. I didn't perk up until that evening when I took the Boy to playgroup. Somehow, watching dogs play and frolic can put a smile on your face. Maybe, it's because a dog's life is much more simplistic than ours. There is not much worry in their lives, except for making sure they get their next meal, especially in the Boy's case!

I don't know where this is going to lead me. But, it has to be a better place than this. I just know that I don't want to be on this ride right now.

8 comments:

Prisca said...

I'm sorry it's sucks now. I'm glad the Boy is there to make sure you are up and out. I wish you could do dog (or animal)law. ;) Did they offer animal law while you were at alma mater?

Seeking Solace said...

Prisca: Sadly, no. It's funny because it is becoming a hot issue, particularly in divorce matters. People want shared custody of the dog or support for it's upkeep. It sounds silly, but since animals are part of the family, it does make sense.

There are also a lot of communities that are trying to ban certain breeds. It sucks because it's lousey, irresponsible owners that result in poor dog behavior. But, a ban makes people feel better.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Job hunting really sucks big time. That is why so many people stick with jobs that they hate. They hate searching for other jobs even more.

Anonymous said...

Hi! New to your blog, but I was looking for a place to of solace and I found yours. You're lucky you have a dog. I don't have one; I'm not allowed to have one. Just like you, I'm also just trying to get by. Kayni

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

You posted a while back that you could make it on one salary, so why not take some time and do your own thing?

There is a huge difference between being "unemployed" and choosing not to work. Mostly the difference is in attitude :). If you decide to go back to work, you'll go with a new attitude and many studies have shown that confidence is the reason people are selected for jobs.

In the meantime, I'm sure there are many, many, many places that could use your skills. Spending your time working with a few different kinds of organizations might give you the next direction in your life.

good luck --

Anonymous said...

Oh how true it is that watching doggies frolic and play can instantly lift mood.

Hang in there... and get to as many doggy play groups as you can! :)

Prisca said...

SS, they actually DID offer it at alma mater when I was there and I did take it. It was WONDERFUL. And I was only 1/2 kidding about you persuing it. Between the family law issues, serious dog bite/maulings, pets' rights, animal experimentation etc. you might actually be able to build a practice. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is doing that in your state. I'll bet someone is! You'd be great at that. I'm imagining your business cards already. :) You could have a pet friendly office etc...... it's always easier to plan someone else's life than one's own. I'm wishing I could think of an online business to start. It's always something, isn't it!

Seeking Solace said...

Prisca: Was it a certain husband and wife professor team who usually teaches first year students the ones who taught it? That would have been so cool!

Kayni: Welcome and thanks for stopping by!!!!!

Subscribe