The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, April 02, 2007

Computer Woes and Other Bullets of Crapola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • What the hell was up with my computer today? Either, my Internet provider was down or my computer decided that it did not feel like recognizing IE. Finally, everything is back to normal.
  • Today was THE annual exam. Thankfully, my doc is pretty cool. She and I can talk through the process. I have to talk during it, just to take my mind off of it!
  • Doc's office was playing 80's music. Cool.
  • I stopped at a local shop to purchase new running shoes. The clerks there are really knowledgeable. I can't stand it when you ask a sales clerk a question and you get that blank stare.
  • It is so nice today, like upper 50's. Too bad it's supposed to snow and be in the upper 20's by the end of the week.
  • And from the "You Just Can't Make This Shit Up" Department. It's the latest in pharmaceutical advertising. Our next door neighbor works in pharmaceutical sales. She often gives us pens or note pads with the names of the pharmaceuticals from drug companies. But this is going too far...

FYI, The drug in question is an antibiotic. I think I will just trash the stuff. It creeps me out!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now - the antibiotic one - sure throw that out. But if you get, say, a Valium one - you can just mail that baby to me :)

Alice said...

Nice shoes!

Elli said...

That antibiotic is often prescribed for particularly brutal UTI's.

If they were really smart they'd be doing "brought to you by the makers of Levaquin" cranberry juice. Har har.

Seeking Solace said...

Hi Elli and welcome to the Waiting Room! I will stop by your blog soon!

Subscribe