The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Random Bullets of Crap-ola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Things are pretty slow 'round here. So here are some things that are on my mind.

  • The personal statement for the LL.M is going much better. I was having the worst time getting started. I got some insight from Husband that has helped the writing process.
  • Sinuses are still bugging me. I did not sleep very well last night. Plus, Husband was snoring and the Boy has some serious gas. I can't believe Husband slept through the chemical weapon attack from across the room!
  • I found posting for a job in a Southern State with a woman's name that looks interesting. It's not a teaching position, but a position as coordinator of Judicial Affairs. Hmmm...Interesting.
  • American Idol is really starting to bother me. Sanjaya Malakar has to go!
  • I was watching Today this morning and people were up in arms. Not because of the US Attorney scandal. Not because of the war, Not even because of Brittney getting out of rehab. No. People were upset because Meredith wore white before Memorial Day. I guess we have our priorities in the right place. (I don't see anything wrong with wearing white, so long as it is not head to toe white and it is done the right way).
  • I don't normally get political on my blog (I will save the political commentary to the more able Arbitrista), but the whole US Attorney scandal just stinks. You don't fire eight well qualified, stellar attorneys in the middle of a elected term, unless something is up.
  • Husband and I want to book our spring vacation this week. We changed our minds and are headed to St. Petersburg-Clearwater area instead of the Keys. Anyone been to that area? Do you need a car?
  • This is my 499th post. Any ideas on what I should write for my 500th?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a nice photo of the Boy for your next post?

BTW, my dog is gassy, too. :-)

Nels P. Highberg said...

A car would make life easier. I'm not sure how else you get from St. Pete to Clearwater. It's been almost two decades since I've been there, so maybe it's different now.

Karen said...

I agree with the photo of boy for your 500th idea!

Sorry about the toxic dog fumes! Maybe start feeding him Tums? LOL j/k!

RageyOne said...

I firmly believe those ideas about when or when not to wear white are archaic.

Sorry to hear about the sinus problems.

Abbey said...

You totally need a car unless you're staying on the water and only plan to go to the beach and cheesey beach bars/restaurants. No public transportation to speak of in my opinion. And, I imagine cabbing it would get expensive.

Prisca said...

I'm with Nels. I haven't been to St. Pete since Spring Break 20 years ago. ;) I can't believe you could get any place there without a car.

Glad the LLM stuff is moving along (even if slowly).

E-mail me more about the job posting in Southern State. I believe I have some connections to that fine institution-- I did a grad degree in the same region.

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

My brother used to live in St. Pete. Totally need a car. Pretty beaches, as I recall.

Subscribe