The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Five Questions

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Profgrrrl sent me five non Katie Couric style questions. Here goes...

1. Do you have a harder time deciding what to wear or what to cook/ eat for dinner on a daily basis?

Not really. Usually it just comes to me in that moment. I will think "Spinach enchiladas sounds good." or " I think I'll wear my gray Nine West pants with my pink Ann Taylor Loft sweater.", and it's done. If I can't think of anything for dinner, it usually ends up being a pick night which means that Husband and I pick at whatever is in the fridge!

2. If you didn't have to work, would you still choose to work?

Great question because I am dealing with that exact situation since losing my job back in December. Husband makes enough money that I don't have to work. Even before my job loss, my salary was gravy. But now that I am trying to figure out what my next move is, this question is a bit more profound.

I am a fiercely independent person who must be doing something to feel productive. Sitting at home doing nothing is so not an option. But at the same time, I don't know if I want to jump back into the "rat race". I have accomplished so much and I am only 39 years old. I have done the lawyer thing and the professor thing. Could I find the same feeling of value and productivity by volunteering my time or working part time? I don't know. Do I plan on using this time to start a family? No. (Husband and I are child-free by choice, mostly because of my many medical issues).

So, I guess to answer you question...I honestly don't know...yet.

3. What kind of volunteer work appeals to you most?

I really would enjoy working with the local animal shelters. I am a huge advocate for shelter adoption. That Pedigree commercial just breaks my heart. The Boy was a shelter dog whose previous owner surrendered him because he was no longer a cute puppy. With some training and a lot of love, he has become an awesome dog. I think people should not overlook the diamonds that can be found at the local shelter.

I would also like to work with the Boy as a therapy dog. He has the perfect temperament for it.

4. What was your most frivolous purchase of last year?

Husband and I did purchase tickets for the Who which ran about $300.00, but could not go to the show because of a snowstorm.

I did purchase tickets to see the Police!!!! (Yes, karma finally kicked in). I got the $95.00 tickets not the $200.00 tickets though.

5. What daily event pleases you most?

Husband and I spend a few minutes each day just talking about stuff. Not problems or issues. Just stuff. It is very relaxing and allows us to stay connected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your answer to #5. It just sounds so ... like home :)

-profgrrrrl

iFreud said...

Unrelated, but I noticed that one of your fav songs was Dreams by Stevie Nicks. I am currently obsessed by this version of the song by Deep Dish feat. Stevie Nicks. Worth a download for sure.

Subscribe