The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Postscript

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I spent a lovely two days with Husband and the Boy. The Boy was too cute on Christmas day. He instantly knew which presents were his. I think his favorite is a stuffed Canadian goose with a squeaker that honks like a goose. He spent most of the day walking around with it in his mouth. Sometimes, he can be such a Lab! (FYI: The Boy is German Shepard-Lab mix)

Husband and I decided to go light on the gifts this year, mostly because there really wasn't much that either of us wanted. Husband thinks I spoil him! He is right of course. I love buying gifts for people! I think his favorite is this book. I also bought him some cold weather workout gear, so he can continue running, even when it's cold. I also bought him some clothes from Old Navy and some CDs.

Husband did a good job. He gave me:

  • "Cross" by James Patterson (I love the Alex Cross series!!).
  • Two piano books; one was a Sarah McLachlan song book.
  • "From This Moment On" by Diana Krall and "These Four Walls" by Shawn Colvin (Both great CDs!)
  • Fumbling Towards Ecstasy Live with Sarah McLachlan
  • This sweater and two V-neck tees from Ann Taylor Loft
  • Sweats and a hoodie for lounging
  • Body Shop stuff

Yesterday, we saw "The Pursuit of Happyness." I laughed. I cried. I felt better about my own circumstance. Go see it!!!!

Today, I am meeting LB for lunch. It will be nice to get out of the house with a good friend. Friday, Husband and I are traveling to Hometown to visit and exchange belated Christmas gifts. Plus, my dear best buddy, Piglet, and I will partake in our Boxing Day Shopping Spectacular, albeit a few days late.

It's getting a little better 'round here.

2 comments:

Prisca said...

You sound happier and lighter-- like the weight of the world is no longer on your shoulders. It's nice to hear you've had such a peaceful few days. :) Happy shopping with Piglet!

Anonymous said...

SO happy to hear things are looking a bit brighter for you. Enjoy your belated festivities!

Subscribe