The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks to Addy N. for helping me get into the holiday spirit!

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? hot chocolate with whipped cream
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Absolutely wrapped. I love to wrap presents. I probably should get a job as a gift-wrapper.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually as soon as I find the time to do it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? One year, my dad decided to get back at my brother for opening presents before anyone else. He locked my brother in his bedroom until 7 AM. Then, he made my brother wait until after breakfast and church before he could open his presents. It was about noon before my brother could enjoy his gifts!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, but Husband's family does. I think it sucks the fun out of the whole experience.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights, ball ornaments and beaded garland. And of course my Hallmark "Snoopy " ornaments. I get a new one every year. This year is Snoopy as the Legal Beagle!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it. Sadly, we will not have a white Christmas in Lake Effect Snow Central.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. I used to take lessons as a kid. I used to be able to do some of those jumps you see on TV, with only one rotation. I would probably break my neck if I tried them now!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The Barbie Camper - 1974
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending it with family and friends.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Sweet Potato Pie!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We used to drive through the neighborhoods in my hometown to look at all the lights.
17. What tops your tree? A star with lights.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Anything from "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
20. Candy canes? Yep!
21. Favorite Christmas movie? "It's a Wonderful Life"

3 comments:

Chaser said...

Oh oh oh !!! I just bought the Charlie Brown Christmas Album from ITunes and I have been playing it and playing it!!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I love the fact that you used to take skating lessons... I did too. We were probably at about the same level... one rotation versions of the tripples they do on the Olympics.

Anonymous said...

Have a good holiday, okay?

Subscribe