The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, July 17, 2006

Just When I Thought It Was Over...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I got a call from opposing counsel who was part of the divorce case I THOUGHT I settled on Friday. There is a problem that her client is not happy about, so now I have to spend the morning trying to figure out how I am going to undo it. CRAP!!!

It is still fucking hot here. CRAP!!!!!

I would love to tell all my classes that for the rest of the semester, they are to work on their project; there will be no more lectures. But I know I would catch hell for that one.

I need to get my resume out to Law School Alma Mater. They are actually hiring for law professors. That would be so sweet. I would be teaching law to REAL law students at my old school. Bonus, I would not have to leave Lake Effect Snow Central.

There is also a position at a law school in a city located in a southern state. One of you bloggers lives there. I think I might apply for that one too. Husband would like living in that area.

Still no word on Husband's job status. CRAP!!!!!

I did not sleep very well last night. As soon as I would start to drift off, I would suddenly wake up. This went on all night. Need more coffee.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck with really wrapping up that case. But even better luck with those job applications. Get those resumes together and go!

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

I am so glad you have a blog now!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, good luck on both the case and the job search.

And, as for hot, it is 104 here, and it is only 3pm. Yuck.

sunnyacre said...

Good luck with the job app's!! I must say, I'll miss the stories of your current students, which are quite amusing to say the least! I feel your pain with the heat -- you know there's something wrong when your car thermometer registers 109 at 9:30PM...thank goodness the humidity here is pretty low!

Rebecca said...

You're welcome...and thank you. :)

Wow, I know it's the middle of summer, but there must be a heat wave all over the country. Except for living in the desert - like Arizona and Nevada, I've never seen so many triple digit temperatures before.

Subscribe