The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hold On

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Only two more weeks until finals and I am going crazy. Attendance has been dismal today. To make matter worse, students were supposed to submit the rough drafts of their papers today. Only 4 out of 10 submitted papers in Survey of Law, 3 out of 10 in Law and Ethics and 1 out of 5 for Critical Thinking. So now I am guaranteed to receive crap papers next week when the final project is due.

Sigh.

What does it take for these little fuckwits to get their head out of the asses and do actual work?

On a positive note, I got my schedule for next semester. Four classes including Criminal Law, which is a new course, and Employment Law which I spent a significant amount of time revamping.

6 comments:

Pink Cupcake said...

I'm so glad that you discovered the word 'fuckwit' recently...it sounds to be as though you're going to need to be using it a lot over the next two weeks! :)

Seeking Solace said...

Yeah, you gotta love that Claire!

Arbitrista said...

"What does it take for these little fuckwits to get their head out of the asses and do actual work?"

Might as well ask how to get George Bush to read a book. Or a New Yorker to live on a farm. Or how to get two objects to occupy the same space at the same time. (Hey this is fun!) Or a dog not to lick himself. Or my upstairs neighbors to shut the hell up! Or..

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks Publius! You actually got me to laugh out loud!!!!

Anonymous said...

How do I get my fuckwits to actually do work? Simple. I wait until the next semester, and then I remind them of why they are retaking the class.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I like Astroprof's suggestion.. and the term 'fuckwit' is brilliant! I've had the same problems.... and I often wondered why the little twerps wouldn't do an assignment I designed to help THEM learn.

I ended up putting a clause in my syllabus that I won't read or grade final drafts if a revision is required and not done. I make them return the first draft and my comments with the final version -- that cuts down on my reading time the second go around... :).

I also grade the first draft at 50% of the total points for the final. Of course, the drafts are generally half-assed pieces of crap, but at least there is some level of thought before the final paper.

Subscribe