The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, May 26, 2006

Rain or Shine

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Ah...the long weekend.

I am getting a pedicure this morning. I am trying a new salon that is closer to my house. Hopefully, they will do a good job because it is really hard to get an appointment at the place I usually go, which is on the other side of town. Since it is raining, maybe I will pop in at the mall.

Update: I love the place where I got my Pedi. My toes are a bright coral pink! The place is only a few blocks from my house which means I can walk there! They have other spa services, so I will definitely have to indulge.

I am breaking out the golf clubs. That's right, yours truly plays golf. I started a few years ago. It's really a great way to get outside and get rid of some frustrations. I just pretend my students are the balls! But the rain means Husband and I will have to hit the indoor driving range.

Husband is going to stop by the nursery and pick up some plants for our veggie garden. This is usually the weekend to start planting. Nothing like growing your own veggies! But planting will have to wait if it keeps raining.

I don't think I am going to my niece's party. The Girl's mom is going back to her hometown to help her mom out while her dad is recovering from an emergency appendectomy. So, she will not be able to help out with the Boy.. It’s actually ok with me. Although I will miss see my father-in-law's new mullet! Too bad I can’t use the rain as an excuse.

Of course, the grill will be running all weekend. Husband is the "Lord and Master of the GrillL. Seriously, he does a great job. It's also time to break out my Iced Tea Pot. Husband will not grill in the rain.

Hopefully, the rain will stop...

Whatever the weather is in your neck of the woods, have a great long weekend!!!!

9 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

ooo... grilling and iced tea and a veggie garden! YAY! That all sounds awesome.

I hope the pedicure experience is a good one. I need to go get those more regularly.

Seeking Solace said...

Shelly: I love having a veggie garden. I am jealous that you get to enjoy some of the summer goodness already!

B*: I am a regular with pedicures and facials. It's a great way to take care of yourself without the harmful side effects like hangovers!

Deb said...

I got a pedicure this week too. And I also chose a bright coral color. Love it!

sheepish said...

I just pretend my students are the balls!
Still cracking up over this.

Weezy said...

Sigh-- pedicures and golf-- I'm jealous. Both are on hold for the moment b/c of the heel surgery. (but he said maybe golf and *gasp* tennis if I'm feeling better at the next appointment.)

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Yea pedicures -- I hope they have nice chairs... that seems to be the deciding factor for me. I'll drive across town for a good pedicure and a great chair...

I miss planting the veggie garden, all those new plants and warm dirt... although they always seemed to need harvesting just as school started in late August (boo... wasted tomatoes etc...).

Have a fantastic weekend. We have one more mountain day and then it is on to Alliance, NE and Carhenge... should be a hoot and a half.

Weezy said...

And...i followed your lead and planted the veggies this weekend too. Row of peas and cucumbers along the fence. Three types of peppers, four types of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, basil, cilantro and something I don't quite remember...

Thanks for starting the trend!

Seeking Solace said...

Weezy: Yeah!!! Veggie goodness!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds relaxing. Hope you & husband enjoy and relax!!!

Subscribe