The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Workout Update

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I kick started my workouts again. I got a little sidetracked while vacationing, plus it was pure insanity once I got back. My goal is to get back to my law school weight by November. I mentioned in a prior post that November is my 20th high school reunion. Now, of course I am not just looking weight for just that reason. There are many other reasons for doing this. I know I will feel better physically; the remission period for my RA will be longer and flares will be minimal and less painful. Mentally and emotionally, I will feel more upbeat and less moody and depressed. But I think the reunion will be a good target.

I am starting to notice changes. I am not so tired all the time. I am seeing definition in my arms, thanks to the weight training. Husband commented the other day that my butt looked awesome in the jeans I was wearing. What a guy! He said that I inspired him to step up his game too. He usually comes home for lunch. Istead of crashing on the couch, he hits the treadmill or takes the Boy out for a very brisk walk. I must say that he is looking FINE. And the Boy is losing some of his winter fat.

So, here’s my new play list. It’s a ode to 80's songs that, in my opinion, do not suck! It is about 40 minutes long.

Let’s Dance -- David Bowie
Where the Streets Have No Name -- U2
Middle of the Road -- The Pretenders
Would I Lie to U? -- Eurythmics
In a Big Country -- Big Country
Shout -- Tears for Fears
Solsbury Hill -- Peter Gabriel
Time -- Culture Club
Tempted -- Squeeze
Every Breath You Take -- The Police

This is just a partial list of songs from the 80's that do not suck. What say you? Maybe I will add them to a future play list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool 80's set - I'm too tired to add to it. But I'm sure you are going to be knocking them dead at the reunion!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I love Big Country -- I thought hubby was the only one who listened to them...

Maybe you need a bit of Billie Joel?? We Didn't Start the Fire perhaps? Also -- the Eagles, "Get over it" and something from Paul Simon, Rythum of the Saints...

Subscribe