The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday Thoughts

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I don’t know if I can’t get used to my new schedule. I am teaching two days a week for the summer term, which definably has its perks. But I teach three classes in a row, with only an hour break between them. In that hour I have to schedule my office hours and suck down some lunch. I guess I will have to up the caffeine intake.

Today is graduation at my college. I am going to the ceremony. A few of the students that I taught my first semester as a professor are graduating, so I am excited to see them receive their diplomas. After the ceremony, the faculty is having their party. Open bar…woohoo!

I am still pissed that Chris was kicked of American Idol.

Divorce Lady called this morning. She wanted to update me on a client I referred to her office. One of my colleagues has been bugging me with questions regarding her relocating to another state with her son. The problem is that my colleague’s ex-husband has visitation rights. My colleague thinks that she can just up and move and her ex will just have to suck it up. Now, I KNOW that no court is going to entertain this kind of thing. Relocation is a BIG DEAL. So, rather than get sucked into representing her, I sent my colleague to Divorce Lady, who has significant experience in this area. Divorce Lady said that my colleague is hell bent on going through with the case, despite Divorce Lady’s warnings that there is a significant chance that my colleague will lose. We shall see.

I finally finished the changes to the course syllabus for the crappy Employment Law class I taught last semester. I am quite proud of my work. I found a great textbook that takes a systemic approach to employment law. It covers all aspects of the law, not just discrimination, which was one of the problems with the textbook I was stuck using.

Well, that’s all for Friday. The sun is actually out, so I think I will take the Boy out for a stroll though the 'hood.

Happy Friday to all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 twice-weekly classes all but in a row? And not even a true break (due to Office Hours... I'd be hoarse by the third one on a regular basis. But at least you have lots of me-time for the summer. Good Luck and keep hydrated!!!

Subscribe