The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, March 17, 2006

She's Back

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Did you miss me?
Did you notice I was gone?

I was MIA for a couple of days. Nothing says RA flare like a 30 degree temperature drop. So, I had to take a couple of days off to allow my joints to stabilize. I wanted to post, but my hands were swollen and painful. My computer was actually turned off for two days.

So, here are some of my thoughts during my two day hiatus.

1. I completed the DNA thing pre-flare. I am an Advocating Director. I would show you the graphic, but Blogger does not like it for some reason. What I can tell you is that the assessment was correct.

As a DIRECTOR, you combine an unusual openness and passion for beauty and style with confidence and a down-to-earth sensibility that allow you to realize your vision.

Being social, empathic, and understanding makes you ADVOCATING. One thing that makes you a people person is your insight into what others are thinking and feeling. This ability allows you to be happy for others, and to commiserate when something has gone wrong for them.


2. Husband got some interesting news. He received an email from the HMFIC of his decision at Big Company which said. “You may have heard rumors that our division may be sold. We will neither confirm nor deny these rumors. You should keep doing your work to make Big Company happy should the deal fall through. And you should keep doing quality work in case we are sold off in order to show our potential evil overloads that we are committed to doing good work.” Well, the funny thing is that no one at Husband’s division heard any rumors or rumblings that the division could be sold. Husband is going to work on his resume this weekend, just in case. I guess the big announcement is set for sometime in mid April.

3. I did what American Idol, but it wasn’t as fun. GML and I send text messages during the show. Husband laughs as I rapidly type my comments. But because the hands were not working and Husband was working out, I expressed my comments to the Boy. I don’t think he was every interested in American Idol. He was too busy playing with his squeaky squirrel.

But I will say that Melissa deserved to go. I think she knew it too. But why was Ace and Lisa with her? And as Kiss My Mike said last week, “What is up with Paris’s hair”.


Well, that’s the interesting stuff. We now return to our normal programming!

4 comments:

sunnyacre said...

I sympathize with #2 -- my husband is going through something similar here. Is your husband looking in the same state you guys are in now, or is he looking to transfer out of state? Just curious...

BrightStar (B*) said...

Kevin is just awful. He needs to go. he's like a joke on that show.

I'm glad you're blogging.

Seeking Solace said...

Summer: We are not sure yet. We are in the position where if we wanted to relocate, now is a good time. We have talked about leaving Lake Effect Snow Central for many years. But the thought of packing up all of our stuff and starting over again is not very appealing.

sunnyacre said...

I hear you! Packing is the biggest pain. We've been in smallCity our whole lives, so the starting over from scratch thing will be new for us. Good luck with everything! Oh, and glad to hear you're feeling better!

Subscribe