The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Get Your Shit Together

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am trying to get back into some kind of routine. Being out of sync the last few days has really messed me up. I know I am now behind in all my lectures, so I will spend the weekend figuring out where to go from here. I checked my work email to found ir inundated with messages from students asking me questions about their research projects. Gah! Can’t they do anything on their own????? More on that insanity later.

I have to finish the taxes. I completed the forms, but I realized that I left out a couple of deductions, so I need to recalculate. Right now, Husband and I are getting a whopping $3.00 back. I am of the philosophy that a refund is a bad thing. The government holds your money for a year, without interest. It’s like talking your money and burying it in the backyard. I am not saying I want to owe either, because I don’t want to give the government anymore than necessary. I just would like to break even.

I also need to get back on the workout program. My rheumatologist says that I should start back slowly after this minor flare. The fact that I have been exercising regularly is why this flare was not as incapacitating as it could have been. Usually, a bad flare means I have to go on the prednisone seven day dose pack. Nothing says weight gain like steroids. So I am happy that I made it through this flare sans steroids.

Plus, there is a ton of laundry and housework to do…eeep! At least Husband will help me with that. He's such a sweetie!

PS: Like my new photo tag? It’s the ballerina photo of Sarah MxLachlin that appears on the Surfacing CD. It’s one of my favorite photos. I have the actual framed poster which used to hang in my law office. Now it hangs in my den.

3 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks so much! We have thought about relocating to a warmer climate.

BrightStar (B*) said...

yes, I do like the new photo!

I like your philosophy about breaking even on taxes. Sounds like you planned well this time around.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are doing better.

I agree, breaking even is the best strategy.

Subscribe